- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- College courses in an associate field preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and related information to include payroll hours, verifying payroll information, recording miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
· Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
· Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance with Wyndham’s required due dates.
· Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards. Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide cash/change to all departments as needed
· Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
· Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Accounting Manager.
· Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all documentation.
· Process “due backs” on a timely basis.
· Maintain all cashier contracts.
· Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
· Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with Wyndham’s policies.
· Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
· Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
· Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
· Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issuing letters, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
· Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
· Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
overall guest satisfaction.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.