Wyndham Vacation Ownership is currently seeking an Accounting Manager in Redmond, Washington. This position will manage all accounting, budgeting and forecasting activities associated with WorldMark, the Club, Wyndham Resort Development Management and/or any other entity as assigned under the Wyndham Vacation Ownership umbrella. He/she will ensure the timely and accurate reporting of financial statements in conformity with GAAP. This includes but is not limited to the following: managing accountants and analysts; training and developing individual skills; reviewing monthly general ledger close activities: reviewing and assisting in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, budgets & forecasts, variance explanations, account reconciliations and various analysis as required. The Accounting Manager will submit key information/results to management in a timely manner and recommend actions to be taken that will result in adherence to budget. This position works collaboratively with Management and the accounting staff in Club Accounting to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage direct reports and perform supervisory functions as required. This includes but is not limited to regular performance reviews and updates, employee development, hiring, training and disciplinary actions.
- Facilitate the monthly general ledger close process to stay within the timelines. Prepare, Review, Supervise preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliations and forecasts that assist the Clubs Operational partners and boards to manage day to day decision making.
- Work directly with operational leaders as it relates to forecasting and P&L reviews. Identify accounting and internal control issues within the assigned business units directly and indirectly related to their forecast, develop action plans for resolution, communicate findings and assist in the action plans for resolution. Participate in operations and planning meetings as requested or assigned. Act as liaison between the Accounting team and operations management.
- Ad Hoc Reporting and Analysis required by management.
- Process Improvement – Develop process flows, identify process constraints and implement improvements to the Department.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance from Accredited College or University.
- Minimum 5+ years finance or accounting experience, 3 yrs management experience.
- Advanced understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft products, excellent in Excel.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent professional communication skills, good organization skills, ability to multi-task & coordinate multiple projects.
- Deadline conscious with strong drive, initiative and the ability to work well in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and creative thinking aptitude in both an independent and team environment.
- Working knowledge of financial and statistical analysis.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, be well organized, perform under stressful situations and communicative effectively.
- PeopleSoft, Monarch, Brio, and/or Business Objects experience preferred.
- CPA or MBA desirable, but not required.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham
People Make the Difference
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.