Assistant Engineering Manager - Margaritaville Beach Resort
Essential Job Functions
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• BA/BS degree preferred
b) Training requirements
• Certification in HVAC, electrical, plumbing is preferred
• CPR Certified
• OSHA Certified
c) Knowledge and skills
• Strong contractor and vendor negotiation skills.
• Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools
• Knowledgeable use of general Engineering tools and equipment
• Knowledgeable and experience with elevators
• Knowledgeable and experience with pool pumps and filtration systems
• Knowledgeable in/or EPA Certification.
• Knowledgeable in ADA requirements.
• Knowledgeable of power, water and sewer distribution.
• Working understanding and ability to read blue prints.
• Knowledgeable in fire codes and fire protection.
• Organizational Skills.
• Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
• Demonstrate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure).
• Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
• Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
• Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WVO standards, including timekeeping, vendor contracts, and personnel action forms.
• Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
• Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
• Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
d) Technical Skills
• PC Skills
• Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
• Key systems, Property
• Power Tool operation and
• Pumps and mechanical motors
• Valid driver’s license
e) Job experience
• Three years of related work experience
• Two to five years of supervisory or management responsibility
• Three or more years in mechanical fields such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2016 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.