Assistant Front Office Manager
With an unrivalled location on Wacker Drive, just off Michigan Avenue, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is in the heart of everything that is Chicago. The hotel boasts 334 spacious guestrooms, Hoyt’s Chicago restaurant and bar, 24-hour business and fitness centers and over 16,000 square feet of private event space. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of either the city or the famed Chicago River.
The Hotel offers 47 vacation ownership units in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group’s sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. As the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products, Wyndham Vacation Ownership has developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is part of the prestigious Wyndham Grand® ensemble of distinguished hotels within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand that represent one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodations, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. Wyndham Hotel Group, part of the Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) family ofcompanies, is the world’s largest hotel company with approximately 7,380 hotels and over 631,800rooms in 66 countries.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible assisting the Front office Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. This is an OEM position. The fundamental requirements are as follows:
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
· Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
· Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
· Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
· Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
· Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway as listed in the Red Book.
· Be familiar with all in-house groups.
· Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
· Follow and enforce all Wyndham International hotel credit policies.
· Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
· Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all standards are met, if applicable.
· Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Assist the FOM in ensuring that employees are following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests, guest request log).
· Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
· Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
· Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Responsible for issued house bank.
· Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
· Run room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals.
· Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
· Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
· Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
· Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
· Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
· Assist in training and cross training of new hires and current employees on a regular basis.
Management experience required.
Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.