As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Grand Clearwater Beach Resort offers 343 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with
spectacular vistas, a beautiful and tranquil spa, waterfront dining and 22,000
square feet of flexible meeting space including the area's largest ballroom.
Our refined yet relaxed resort will connect guests through our highly-personalized
and anticipatory service, while delivering memorable experiences that evoke the
distinctive charm and spirit of Clearwater Beach.
Assistant Guest Services Manager
The Assistant Guest Services Manager’s primary function is to assist the Guest Service Manager with the daily operations of the front office. He/she will act as a supervisor to all Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services/Transportation personnel assist with guest complaints and represent management in the absence of the Guest Services Manager.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and training.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing name tags.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be available to work all shifts including overnight MOD.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist with development of employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Wyndham S.O.Ps in its use.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham S.O.Ps.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Assist Guest Service Agents with check-ins and checkouts; confirm that all SOP’s are being followed properly.
- Assist and supervise Guest Service Agents with daily duties.
- Train new employees, help to develop and implement training programs.
Education and Experience:
- A 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related hotel guest services experience required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.