Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Austin Resort
Assist the Housekeeping Manager in all operations of the Housekeeping Department while supporting budgetary controls; promoting the highest level of Guest and Owner satisfaction through housekeeping excellence, special projects and duties assigned.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain Positive Customer and Associate Relationships: Assist the Housekeeping Manager with hiring, training, motivating, recognizing; coach and develop Housekeeping associates through implementation of incentives and training plans; support Housekeeping manager in an effort to ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity; assist in controlling payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability; communicate priorities to staff through daily and weekly meetings (35% time)
2. Supports Audit Standards: Holds hourly staff accountable to the Quality Assurance (QA) process; Ensures departmental compliance with Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention and safety standards procedures (30% time)
3. Administrative Duties: Responsible for inventory, purchasing, completing weekly and monthly cleans report and assisting with tracking financials (15% time)
4. Maintain Cleanliness Standards: Participate in daily operations including cleaning and inspecting of units to maintain standards (10% time)
5. Reporting Problems: Identifies and reports maintenance related problems. (5% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• Associate Degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent training/experience required
b) Training requirements
• Valid driver’s license
• CPR certification preferred
c) Knowledge and skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Ability to coach, mentor, train and develop staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Detail oriented
d) Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
e) Job experience
• 3 years related housekeeping experience. 2+ years supervisory experience preferred. One to three years hospitality customer service experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.