Assistant Housekeeping Manager
The Hayes Mansion resort hotel is one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. The Dolce Hayes Mansion is an exquisite fusion of turn-of-the-century luxury and high-tech convenience. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the meticulously renovated Spanish Colonial Revival-style manor is as opulent as ever. This quiet haven, complete with sweeping mountain views, offers the perfect destination for business meetings, special events, weddings or relaxing vacation – just 15 minutes from San Jose International Airport and 45 minutes from San Francisco and Monterey. Nearby, wineries, nightlife and championship golf beckon. Stunning decor, and unparalleled guest service have made the Dolce Hayes Mansion an award-winning legend once again.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an Assistant Housekeeping Manager to work at our beautiful Dolce Hayes Mansion property in San Jose, California. This position for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
• Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Wyndham SOP's.
• Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
• Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
• Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
• Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
• Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
• Prepare and conduct Housekeeping interviews as required and follow hiring procedures according to Wyndham SOP's.
• Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
• Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
• Assist the Director of Housekeeping in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
• Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
• Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
• Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
• Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Wyndham procedures.
• Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
• Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
• Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSD sheets. Keep MSD sheets current and easily available.
• Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
• Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
• Assist in preparing employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
• Maintain Wyndham SOP's regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
• Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
• Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
• Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Housekeeping staff.
• Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
• Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).
• Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant, and show rooms.
• Must maintain constant communication with Guest Services.
• Monitor and act on special requests as needed; VIPs, special needs rooms, connecting, etc.
• Attend weekly staff meeting and provide training on a rotational basis using steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
• Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Wyndham standards.
• Maintain key control system for house keys.
• Ensure participation within department for monthly Wyndham Way team meeting.
• Focus the Housekeeping Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit Scores.
• Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
• Review Housekeeping log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
• Assist in maintaining an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
• Use the telephone and computer system for reporting and verifying room status.
• Record all valet laundry for valet cleaners. Check and review incoming laundry at end of day to ensure all items have been returned.
• Properly store, secure and issue supplies as needed to meet business demands.
• Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree; or a 2-year college degree and 1 or more years of related experience.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Sheila Cena at (408) 362-2327. A copy of the company’s affirmative action plan is available at the property in the Human Resource office during normal business hours.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.