Assistant Reservations Manager- Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Cluster Assistant Reservation Manager
Revenue & Reservation
Cluster Director of Revenue
Scope and General Purpose of Job
Under the direction of the Revenue Manager, supervises the reservations department for smooth functioning and to maximize hotel revenue and guest satisfaction. All work will be in line with the hotel’s business plan and in accordance with Wyndham corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations
- Records reservation information accurately
- Identifies and records group and transient business codes
- Informs other departments of VIP arrivals
- Identifies commissionable reservations and secures required information
- Records and processes deposit information
- Identifies and records special billing instructions; approves credit after consultation with the credit controller
- Files all reservations in a systematic order for easy referral
- Records requests for special accommodation and suites
- Uses and ensures up-selling techniques are followed by reservation agents
- Handles all special requests appropriately
- Pre-blocks all special requests or VIP accommodations accurately
- Keeps all departments informed of the new group bookings
- Maximizes customer satisfaction and hotel revenue by promoting hotel restaurants and other services and facilities to the guests
- Deals with assigned incoming correspondence, faxes and reservation messages in a timely and accurate manner
- Acknowledges assigned reservation faxes and messages
- Check previous night’s statistics
- Review No Show and early departures
- Check the selling availability and strategy with the Revenue Manager and ensures it is followed by reservation agent.
- Check all arrivals
- Cancellation by Date (Previous Night)
- Rate Change (Previous Night)
- Stays Activity (Previous Night)
- No Shows of the Day (Previous Night)
- Early Departure Report (Previous Night)
- Check the pigeon hole, fax machine and emails for reservations
- Action all correspondence immediately
- Follow up no shows with the companies
- Follow up LPO’s and vouchers
- Check all complimentary and upgrade forms
- Ensure correct rate codes and market codes for in house guests
- Print all arrivals for the next day
- Check next day arrivals and send the correspondence to Front Office
- Follow up any visa applications as per procedures
- Assists associates to perform similar or related jobs
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquires courteously and efficiently
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests
- Maintains own working area, keeps materials clean, tidy and in good shape
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve knowledge of own job function
- Updates information of hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (hospitals, stations, tourist sites)
- Maintain standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Accept methods of payment by the hotel and hotel’s credit policy
- Ensure correct guarantee status in the system for all arrivals
- Update company and travel agent profiles in OPERA
- Communicates effectively with guests, associates, and supervisors.
- Ensure compliance with business operations laws
- Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
- Supervise closely all applicable rules of safety in the workplace as well as all statutory laws of the country and local municipality laws.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensures that own staff works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities
- Ensures the safety of the people and property within the premises by applying hotel regulations, adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Maintaining a business environment based on Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports ( and their terms) recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/ PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling/ disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow- up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow- up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties.
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged.
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department / operational departments in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process in your department / for the operational departments ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Review manning and re- recruitment of all positions in conjunction with HR
- Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback.
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conduct documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR reports
- Attend all ExCom Meetings
- Attend Business Reviewed Meeting
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Review with the Finance leader/HR Leader the payroll figures (and challenge the HOD’s with regard to over spending and casual usage)
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the MANAGER TITLE/DOTTED LINE TITLE ______________________________________________________________________________
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position and ability to manage a small team
- Ability to speak in Arabic is an asset
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.