Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Banquet Captain to work at our beautiful American Airlines Training and Conference Center in Fort Worth, TX. This position is responsible for directing staff assigned to the Banquet Department and supervising and coordinating the food and beverage service of banquet functions.
- Performs planning and organization functions for the banquet department, including maintaining the banquet logbook and maintaining and updating function sheets.
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies and equipment.
- Performs human resource functions for staff, including scheduling, evaluating, and training staff.
Assists the Banquet Manager to establish maintenance, repair, and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and facilities.
Supervises the food and beverage services of banquet functions, including set-up, service, and breakdown.
Coordinates function details with banquet, conference planning, and kitchen staff.
Monitors the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimizing waste and broken or lost supplies.
Inspects food products to ensure quality, quantity, and palatability guidelines are followed.
Ensures all guest checks are priced, written, and signed by the guest according to planned arrangements.
- Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation and time and attendance records are completed and provided to Night Audit.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience as banquet and/or dining room captain.
- Knowledge of OSHA, Department of Health Sanitation regulations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
Must be able to stand during entire shift.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Frequently is required to talk or hear.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.