As a world-class meeting facility and four-diamond resort, the multifaceted Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort is a place where the possibilities are as endless as the views. For meetings, spectacular indoor and outdoor venues create the backdrop for imaginative events, allowing attendees to enjoy the beautiful setting while remaining productive and inspired.
Currently, we are searching for a talented Banquet Chef to join the team of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort and who will be responsible for ensuring that all meals coming from the kitchen are well prepared in regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff; meet corporate quality standards; assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Banquet Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction in accordance with the Wyndham Hotel Group policies and procedures.
- Work with banquet managers and keep them informed of issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Responsible for quality and quantity control of food production and appropriate staffing of entire banquet kitchen.
- Supervise and schedule banquet kitchen staff.
- Maintain refrigerator and kitchen in clean, organized manner to facilitate the high volume production necessary to achieve company goals.
- Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on time.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Know how to compute daily food cost.
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
- Check all stations at the end of every shift for proper food storage and sanitation.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s and procedures in banquet department.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Ensure the training of associates on SOP’s and technical job tasks.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Manage the interviewing of candidates for back of the house banquet positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.