Banquet Server - Part-Time
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Part-time Banquet Server to work at our beautiful American Airlines Training and Conference Center property in Fort Worth, TX. This position is responsible for providing all guests with an entertaining and enjoyable dining experience, through quality service in the most efficient manner, at all times
- Perform any necessary pre-shift sidework.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment; ensure compliance with all local and state health codes.
- Assist in controlling food and beverage costs; enforce all security measures as outlined by hotel management; protect the assets of the company.
- Check with the Banquet Captain when coming on duty for specific instructions for the current function and section assignment.
- Greet all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful attitude.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, ensuring guests are provided with water, coffee, tea, or beverages in a timely manner.
- Unload trays in the service area, racking glassware, scraping plates, and separating silverware.
- Practice “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
- Complete assigned breakdown and closing sidework.
- Report hazardous conditions or broken equipment to the Engineering Department immediately; in an emergency, notify the Chief Engineer at once.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Prior experience as a Restaurant or Banquet Food Server.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Position is part-time. Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work the majority of shift on feet.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.