Banquet Set-Up Houseperson
The Alexander offers its guests an exciting take on hospitality by transforming guest rooms, restaurants, and event spaces into enthralling havens for commissioned works of art. Undeniably contemporary, but always comfortable, The Alexander is destined to become a premier destination for business professionals, art lovers, gourmands, and other cultured clientele.
Each one of our 157 guest rooms and 52 extended stay units focus on creating a relaxed environment for work or rest while enlivening the senses with pops of color and eye-catching art. Guests will discover the same, infectious energy in The Alexander’s stylish and inviting restaurants, which serve culinary works of art for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Perfect for unforgettable celebrations and exceptional meetings, every inch of the 16,500 square feet of event space exudes elegance and creativity.
The Alexander offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Banquet Set-Up Houseperson to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in downtown Indianapolis. This position is responsible for all set up and break down for banquets/meetings within the hotel/conference center.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepares all banquet space prior to events.
- Tears down all banquet space after events.
- Follows Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up.
- Assists the banquet servers/captains with clearing of tables as needed.
- Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment.
- Assists with all set-up functions to include setting silverware, draping tables, folding napkins and arranging centerpieces/décor.
- Removes centerpieces/décor after events and stores appropriately.
- Removes soil linens and stores appropriately.
- Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location.
- Attends appropriate hotel/resort, division and department meetings.
- Maintains the cleanliness of banquet storage rooms.
- Assembles dance floors.
- Arranges buffets, stages and podiums.
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude.
- Communicates all pertinent information to the banquets team.
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to the on-duty supervisor.
- Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver. • Follows through on lost and found procedures.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all time.
- Strong preference for prior experience working in banquet set up is required, preferably in a high volume hotel, conference center or resort.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.