Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Banquet Manager. The Banquet Manager will supervise all activities of the Banquet Department to ensure guest satisfaction. Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Circulates through each Banquet function to ensure guest satisfaction. Sincerely seeks guest comments and quickly and willingly handles any complaints. Uses independent judgment and discretion to resolve guest complaints on a regular basis.
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies and equipment.
- Performs human resource functions for staff including but not limited to scheduling, evaluating, training staff, conducting periodic performance appraisals on staff, conducting disciplinary actions as required, interviewing and making hiring recommendations on prospective banquet candidates.
- Monitors the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimizing waste and broken or lost supplies.
- Maintains cleanliness of the banquet through direct visual inspection continually during all hours of operation.
- Supervises the food and beverage services of banquet functions, including set-up, service, and breakdown.
- Assists in taking inventories, purchasing necessary supplies, and controlling their distribution.
- Inspects food products to ensure quality, quantity, and palatability guidelines are followed.
- Designs concepts for theme parties. Procures and purchases necessary props for same.
- Holds periodic meetings with Banquet staff to review past and future performance of service, quality, general information concerning guest and employee relations, and upcoming daily functions.
Requires advanced knowledge of specialized or technical field or a thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of a professional field. May require knowledge of policies and procedures, and the ability to determine a course of action based on these guidelines. Formal Education and Job-Related Experience - This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of three years job-related hospitality and Food and Beverage industry experience. License, Registration, and/or Certification Required External and Internal Personal Contact Communications – Daily: Verbal, Written Weekly: Conducting meetings / leading group discussions, Participating in meetings Teamwork and Collaboration - This job is a team leader in the departmental work team. Has responsibility and accountability for team activities. Use of Judgment Problem Solving - Identifiable – Information is clear but further investigation often is required in order to define problems and proceed. Often requires modifying existing procedures / precedents within established policy. Guidance - General guidelines and references are used with some discretion. Projects are assigned with latitude for decision making and setting of priorities. Specific problems should be referred to supervisor for clarification of policies and procedures before proceeding. Working Conditions and Physical Effort Stress Load - Regular exposure to stresses. Workload Fluctuation - The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change. Manual Skills - Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations. Physical Effort - Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day. Physical Environment - Some portions (less than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable. Work Schedule - Work may require evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments on occasion. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs. Occupational Risks - Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials. Ergonomics Risks - Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures. Safety - Responsible for reviewing, clarifying, and administering all safety related policies and procedures for a specific department of Dolce. Required Travel - Position does not require travel to other Dolce properties or client locations. Work is completed on the property. Dolce International Performance Standards
* Always practice Dolce Branded Service standards.
* Protect the assets of the property.
* Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
* Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
* Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
* Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
* Practice the principles of the Company culture.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Dolce International is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all associates to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner. Dolce International offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our associates.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 13 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.