The Alexander offers its guests an exciting take on hospitality by transforming guest rooms, restaurants, and event spaces into enthralling havens for commissioned works of art. Undeniably contemporary, but always comfortable, The Alexander is destined to become a premier destination for business professionals, art lovers, gourmands, and other cultured clientele.
Each one of our 157 guest rooms and 52 extended stay units focus on creating a relaxed environment for work or rest while enlivening the senses with pops of color and eye-catching art. Guests will discover the same, infectious energy in The Alexander’s stylish and inviting restaurants, which serve culinary works of art for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Perfect for unforgettable celebrations and exceptional meetings, every inch of the 16,500 square feet of event space exudes elegance and creativity.
The Alexander offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Plat 99 Bar Back to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in downtown Indianapolis. This position is responsible for assisting the Plat 99 staff in the service of food and beverage to guests.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Promptly greet guests as they are seated.
- Clear dirty dishes and fill water glasses.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear tables after guests. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths between seating. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Assist with running food trays.
- Keeps the back room in a clean, organized manner.
- Replenishes supplies and acts as a liaison between wait staff and kitchen staff.
- Engages with guests to enhance exceptional experience.
- Mops floors at end of shift behind bar. Empties any trash in collector.
- Completes sidework and any other duties assigned by management.
- Perform any necessary pre-shift sidework.
- Reset all tables and notify host person of all reset tables.
- Assist server in cleaning spills.
- Assist food server whenever and wherever possible.
- May assist with dishwashing, restocking of napkins, silverware, table condiments, etc.
- Prior bussing or runner experience in a hotel environment helpful.
- This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.