The Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor is seeking a part-time barista for Another Perk coffee shop.
The barista is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
· Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
· Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
· Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
· Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
· Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
· Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
· Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
· Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade).
· Answer the telephone according to standards.
· Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
· Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to use them.
· Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Food Handler's Permit required.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while carrying full trays of food & beverages.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.