Job Title: Bartender
Location: Tremont House
Nestled in the heart of Galveston Island's Strand Historic District is The Tremont House, an elegant European-style 119 room hotel. The hotel features over 16,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including the 8,000 sq. ft. Davidson Ballroom; The Tremont Café; The Rooftop Bar; and, the historic Toujouse Lobby Bar, located in the hotel’s four story atrium and dating back to the 1870’s.Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Bartender to work at our beautiful Tremont House, a Wyndham Grand Hotel in Galveston, TX. The bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. He/she must maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor inventory
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Process guests’ checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
· Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
· Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards, for mixing, portion control and presentation.
· Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
· Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
· Be familiar with the computer system.
· Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing the guest.
· Follow all state liquor laws.
· Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
· Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
· Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
· Stock and clean glassware.
· Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
· Prepare all garnishes.
· Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge areas as needed.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year progressive experience in a hotel or related field required.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
- Experience with POS – MICROS.
- Four Diamond hospitality experience highly desirable.
- ServSafe certification.
- Previous bartending experience helpful.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in extreme heat.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.