Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,000 hotels, 145 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
The newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort - International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando’s ever-popular I-Drive boasts an enviable location in the Theme Park Capital of the World.
The Wyndham Orlando Resort, International Drive has a phenomenal Bartender opportunity. The Bartender will work on a full-time status.
The Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. Need to maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor inventory.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Process guests’ checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
· Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
· Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards, for mixing, portion control and presentation.
· Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
· Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
· Be familiar with the computer system.
· Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing the guest.
· Follow all state liquor laws.
· Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
· Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
· Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
· Stock and clean glassware.
· Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
· Prepare all garnishes.
· Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge area as needed.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand for the entire shift.
· Previous bartending experience helpful.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and Drug Free Workplace
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.