Bartender - Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Bartender – Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
As a Bartender your main job is to prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems. The Job incumbent works in line with the hotels guidelines and business plan, and Wyndham Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations.
- Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Restock bar with liquor and supplies.
- Transport supplies to bar set-up area.
- Wash soiled glassware.
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area. Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs.
- Process all payment methods.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Complete closing duties.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries
- Complete safety training and certifications.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and fellow associates.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without
- To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
- To follow all Traffic rules without exception
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Read and write simple English and verbally comprehend simple instructions & communication in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Abiding grooming standards & personal hygiene standards
- Working under pressure
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on their behalf. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving as the management company and will not be the actual employer.
· Knowledgeable in bar operations
· Previous experience in a similar position, preferably in a hotel
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.