The Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill combines fresh contemporary spaces with New England charm. Located in the vibrant West End at the base of Beacon Hill, our hotel is the place for all this city has to offer.
The Bellperson is responsible for assisting with the check-in/check-out processes and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Must have at least one year customer service experience.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Load and unload luggage carts.
• Escort guests to rooms and familiarize them with hotel services and amenities (hours of outlets, pool, and exercise room, etc.). Inspect guest’s room to ensure it is in order and that supplies are adequate.
• Explain features of the room including operation of radio, television, telephone, in-room movie system, etc.
• Check/store luggage for arrivals and departures with luggage tags.
• Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
• Deliver flowers, laundry and packages to guestrooms.
• Assist with room changes.
• Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
• Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sports arenas, etc.
• Assist Houseperson with guest requests.
• Ensure lobby reader board is correct.
• Provide information, maps and directions as required.
• Answer console to assist guest service agents.
• Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel’s amenities.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We require consent to pre-employment background check for all positions.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.