Bellperson - Part-time - Margaritaville St. Thomas
The primary purpose of this position is to serve resort guests during their stay by making it easier and more enjoyable to arrive, check in and stay at the property. A Bell Person will assist guests and ensure proper handling of their luggage while maintaining a professional appearance and cordial attitude to both guests as well as staff members. This position will promote Resort Standards and effectively provide services personally or refer requests to the appropriate department manager as needed to exceed guest expectations. Provides assistance to guests in the process of check-in, check-out, room moves and other related service needs as requested.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet guests and offer luggage assistance as needed: including check in, check out, and room moves. Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Deliver messages, luggage, packages, flowers, cribs, highchairs, shower chairs, newspapers, and ice or run errands as required to exceed guest expectations. Answer questions pertaining to amenities, services, policies, attractions, dining, entertainment, directions etc. Coordinate transportation needs for owners and guests. Keep main entrance, lobby and porte-cochere clean and free of trash or other debris. Maintain luggage carts to ensure they are in working order. Track bell cart inventory. (55% time)
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (15% time)
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (15% time)
- Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to give high priority to customer service
- Ability to solve problems with a minimum of guidance
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
- Must be able to easily and frequently change from one activity to another while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard
- Ability to legally drive a vehicle
- 1 year of front desk / bell attendant experience in a hospitality/hotel environment and/or
- 1 year of customer service experience in service or retail environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.