Business Transient Sales Manager
With an unrivalled location on Wacker Drive, just off Michigan Avenue, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is in the heart of everything that is Chicago. The hotel boasts 334 spacious guestrooms, Hoyt’s Chicago restaurant and bar, 24-hour business and fitness centers and over 16,000 square feet of private event space. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of either the city or the famed Chicago River.
The Hotel offers 47 vacation ownership units in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group’s sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. As the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products, Wyndham Vacation Ownership has developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is part of the prestigious Wyndham Grand® ensemble of distinguished hotels within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand that represent one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodations, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. Wyndham Hotel Group, part of the Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest hotel company with approximately 8,300 hotels and over 631,800 rooms in 73 countries.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
Increase transient room revenue by increasing production of existing special corporate/preferred corporate accounts.
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
· Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
· Meet or exceed set goals.
· Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
· Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
· Initiate and follow up on leads.
· Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
· Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
· Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
· Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
· Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
· Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, client entertainment with Corporate Travel Managers, Travel Agents and other intermediaries etc.
· Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
· Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
· Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
· Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
· Meet and greet onsite contacts.
· Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
· Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
· Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
· Entertain clients.
· Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
· Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives.
· Prospect for new transient business. Track all transient leads (lost and turndown). Participate in transient, group and catering lead referral.
· Develop and implement specific account marketing plans for appropriate accounts. Monitor production compliance.
· Maintain regular communication with all special corporate/preferred corporate accounts and send quarterly production reports to all clients. Communication to be property defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, etc.
· Respond to customer inquiries and request for pricing
· Maintain in-depth files on all accounts; via hard files and/or automated account management system
· Assist in updating Brand national Transient database, if applicable. Coordinate local transient sales initiative and activities with Brand National Transient Sales for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
· Participate in trade shows,community & professional organizations to maintain high visibility
Education & Experience:
· At least 4 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4 year college degree and at least 2 year of related experience; or a 2 year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
· Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
· Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.