Catering and Conference Services Manager
The Aspen Meadows Resort, home of the Aspen Institute in Aspen, CO, is searching for a Catering and Conference Services Manager. The Catering and Conference Services Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising assigned group business from the time that it is booked by the global sales department through the completion of the event or function. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. The Catering and Conference Services Manager is also responsible for acting as a liaison between ownership, client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business.
Performs an operational role in the execution and handling of social catering events, meetings and conferences. This job is part of a formal work team within the department. Is a team member, but is not responsible or accountable for the team’s activities.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Regular exposure to stress.
- The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. While attending trade shows, must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day. This includes traveling to and from meetings and may include air travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Some portions of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as repetitive tasks, hands exertion, vibration, cold temperatures, poor body mechanics, restrictive work stations or awkward postures.
- Some portions of the assignments require travel to other hotels, trade shows and client events via car, plane, rail, subway or other mode.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- Assists Director with monthly department forecasts, annual budgets, expenses, etc.
- Manages assigned meetings and events with introductory call, follow up with clients, coordination of details, and completion of accurate Event Orders on a timely basis.
- Communicates all changes on Event Orders to other departments.
- Personally greets all catering and conference event contacts upon arrival to finalize arrangements and to orient the client to the facility and staff. Keeps in constant contact with clients during entire stay.
- Assist catering and conference guests with set up of meeting rooms or event space, audio visual equipment and any other pertinent services. Is available to guests to answer questions and accommodate special requests, as appropriate.
- Acts as property/event liaison between client and hotel operations.
- Ensures billing is correct before sent to client. Handles client billing questions efficiently and expediently.
- Completes follow up correspondence to clients and vendors as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Prepares and submits for approval any purchase orders and invoices to be paid.
- Posts necessary charges for Day Guests, phone lines, and miscellaneous charges.
- Conducts tours of the property to client and outside vendors.
- Performs all other duties assigned by Management.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Work may require evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments on occasion.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Dolce rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Education & Experience
- This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma.
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in a resort, hotel, conference center or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and at least 4 years of related experience.
- Computer literate. Prefer Microsoft Office proficiency. Prefer experience with Delphi, Lanyon and Opera hotel automation systems.
- Experience with working on arrangements for conducting a meeting and catered events in a hotel or similar facility.
- Successful at making presentations to key decision makers
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of all departments of hotel.
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints.
- Sales ability and skill in both oral and written form.
- Ability to identify and develop accounts with individual guest room needs.
- Ability to establish and master goals.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.