Catering Sales Manager
Currently, we are searching for a motivated and talented Catering Sales Manager to join the team of the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center . The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for effectively selling the public space, food and beverage, and function planning services of the hotel to maximize revenues and profits for the hotel. The Catering Sales Manager establishes new accounts, generates revenues, monitors booking pace, and books repeat business while keeping quality consistently high.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans & Drug Free Workplace
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a to hotel or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree; or a 2-year degree and 1 or more year of related experience
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations..
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
- Comply at all times with Wyndham standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention
- Monitor quality of service in Banquets
- Know meeting room sets and capabilities
- Re-solicit past local accounts, generate new business
- Set solicitation goals with the Director of Catering/Sales & Marketing, and meet or exceed solicitation goals and revenue goals.
- Meet and greet-in-house guests upon arrival, review the course of events and introduce other staff members (banquet manager, captain, etc.)
- Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs
- Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports
- Understand the Catering incentive program
- Manage booking pace
- Handle inquiry calls and outside sales calls. Follow through to completion of function(s).
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups
- Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations
- Prepare and submit required in a timely manner
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training
- Assist in planning and executing holiday brunches and other special events
- Use feedback from Meeting Planner Evaluations to improve service quality
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.