Catering Sales Manager
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Catering Sales Manager to work at our beautiful Dolce Hayes Mansion property in San Jose, CA. This position is responsible for the proactive sales and servicing efforts for social events (excluding weddings) and small meetings for the resort.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Develop plans and actions by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creates selling strategies to maximize catering revenues.
• Participate in preparation of annual catering budget.
• Keep up to date on Industry Trends.
• Set up outside sales appointments.
• Generate leads through Internet searches, telephone solicitations, sales blitzes, mailings, referrals, networking, trade shows, professional and community organizations, etc.
• Solicit new business from existing customer base through phone contact, trade shows and professional and community organizations.
• Build and maintain customer loyalty.
• Lead and attend banquet event order meetings and operations meeting.
• Manage business to meet or exceed catering financial targets
• Maintain accurate sales records, data base and reports to provide history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects, through Delphi and other Larkspur programs.
• Prepare reports as requested.
• Performs other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
• Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends, nights and holidays.
• Minimum formal education of a high school degree, GED, or equivalent education.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• This position requires a minimum of three years job-related experience, preferably in hotel catering sales.
• Catering and conference experience in a hotel setting preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with off-site catering a plus.
• Strong sales ability and knowledge of the local market.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of all departments of hotel.
• Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints.
• Ability to identify and develop accounts with individual guest room needs.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. While attending trade shows, must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day. This includes traveling to and from meetings and may include air travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
Some portions of the assignments require travel to other hotels, trade shows and client events via car, plane, rail, subway or other mode.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Sheila Cena at (408) 362-2327. A copy of the company’s affirmative action plan is available at the property in the Human Resource office during normal business hours.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.