Chef De Cuisine Brazilian Kitchen ( Churrascaria) - Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Chef De Cuisine (Brazilian Kitchen - churrascaria) – Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Executive Chef and within limits of established under Wyndham company policies and procedures, ensures that all products are dispatched to restaurants & Banquets for service in accordance with established standards of presentation.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall food production primarily at the Brazilian Kitchen
- Responsible for Production, quality control and presentation of the Restaurant and banquet menus.
- Develops and manages the production of food orders in the kitchen, keeping in budget and controlling food cost.
- Ensures the safety and security of associates and customers.
- Implement programs and processes to control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Review staffing levels to maintain budgeted levels of employment. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Developing associate skills /training.
- Preparation of mass food production, garnishes and overall presentation of product for guest satisfaction.
- Reviews banquet and food outlet activities and promotions with the /Exec. Chef /Director of Food and Beverage.
- Meets with departmental managers as necessary.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports assist in recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the Department Head & HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process in your department departments ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with Department Head & HR
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with Department Head & HR in 121’s
- Monthly Hotel Meeting / Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Competency in Managing the entire culinary section
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience in Microsoft office programs
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on their behalf. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving as the management company and will not be the actual employer.
Minimum 3 years in a similar position within an upscale Hotel
Experience in Managing multi cuisine kitchens would be an advantage. Experience in Churrascaria kitchen is a must
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.