Chief Concierge- Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Front Office Manager
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
Primarily responsible in the discharge and supervision of all concierge functions, including bell service, information and message service and ensuring that all procedures are operating in accordance with Wyndham corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations and the hotel’s business plan.
- Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from arrival till departure.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Maintains a good working relationship with all Front Office staff particularly bell boys.
- Ensures guests are greeted upon arrival and offered assistance at all times.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of the hotel services and communicates this to team members so they can supply information and respond to guest queries.
- Maintains an awareness of guest profiles through the Opera guest profile system.
- Supervises the activity of the bellboys, ensuring that the guest luggage is carried from arrival point to room and from room to departure point on checkout.
- Deals promptly, efficiently and pleasantly with incoming calls.
- Handles all messages, mails and packages for guests and associates, ensuring they are delivered at the appropriate time and stored if necessary in a systematic and efficient way.
- Delivers morning newspapers to rooms.
- Maintains the daily function board and notice board in Opera.
- Establishes and controls the duty roster in accordance with business needs.
- Suggestively sells the hotel promotions, outlets and facilities at all times.
- Regularly checks the lobby area ensuring that it is clean and tidy.
- Regularly arranges training and communication meetings for staff.
- Ensures the department is manned at all times.
- Deals with any complaint, taking action as appropriate and communicating this to the supervisor.
- Ensures all money taken for the postage of items by guests is correct and posted accordingly.
- Attends department communication meetings.
- Maintains an awareness of sales opportunities maximizing revenue.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains good public relations while meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Maintains regular and effective liaison between other departments with particular emphasis on the Front Office.
- Cooperates in the performance of any reasonable task requested by the company manager, executives or guests.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
- Maintaining a business environment based on Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports ( and their terms) recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/ PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling/ disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow- up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow- up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties.
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged.
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department / operational departments in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process in your department / for the operational departments ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Review manning and re- recruitment of all positions in conjunction with HR
- Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback.
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conduct documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR reports
- Attend all ExCom Meetings
- Attend Business Reviewed Meeting
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Review with the Finance leader/HR Leader the payroll figures (and challenge the HOD’s with regard to over spending and casual usage)
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
· General education Diploma or international equivalent required.
· Previous guest service
· Front door or bell service experience in a luxury property preferred.
· Previous customer service experience preferred.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.