Nestled in the heart of Galveston Island's Strand Historic District is The Tremont House, an elegant European-style 119 room hotel. The hotel features over 16,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including the 8,000 sq. ft. Davidson Ballroom; The Tremont Café; The Rooftop Bar; and, the historic Toujouse Lobby Bar, located in the hotel’s four story atrium and dating back to the 1870’s.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Cocktail Server to work at our beautiful Tremont House, a Wyndham Grand Hotel in Galveston, TX. The Cocktail Server is expected to provide timely, courteous service with guest satisfaction as the primary goal. He/she is responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Complete opening/closing checklist according to standards.
• Welcome guests, take their drink orders relay order to bartender, process order, deliver order to guest and receive payment for order.
• Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink.
• Process credit card and room charges.
• Clear and clean tables when guests leave, return glasses to be washed.
• Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
• Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report for night audit.
• Perform all side work duties according to the schedule.
• Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
• Be familiar with the computer system.
• Help the bartender prepare drinks when needed.
• Assist bartender with hors d’oeuvres tables for cocktail hour in set up and breakdown.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
• This position requires availability to work weekends and holidays.
• Experience with POS – MICROS.
• Four Diamond hospitality experience highly desirable.
• ServSafe certification.
• Previous experience helpful.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand for the entire shift.
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in extreme heat.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.