Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District is a contemporary urban hotel with an inviting mix of high-tech spaces and decor that reflects the Old City charm. Located in Philadelphia's historic district, surrounded by reassures of American Heritage, our hotel is an inviting destination where vacation and business travels can work, relax, dine, meet and embrace the culture of the City of Brotherly Love.
The Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District has a phenomenal Communications Operator opportunity, to work on a Full-Time basis. This position would serve as a 1st and 2nd shift Communications Operator.
The Communications Operator is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Handle incoming/outgoing calls in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, according to standard operating procedures.
- Take and deliver messages according to standards.
- Maintain guest privacy at all times.
- Provide information about the hotel.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Perform call accounting, if applicable.
- Be familiar with VIP procedures.
- Be able to provide accurate directions to the hotel.
- Be familiar with the surrounding area of the hotel.
- Send/receive guest faxes.
- Serve as radio dispatcher, maintaining proper radio and paging procedures.
- Record and relay all guest requests and verify completion.
- Maintain daily activity log.
- Establish and maintain efficient filing system of guest registration cards.
- Process wake up calls per the guest’s request.
- File Communications Operator reports.
- Maintain clean work area.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.