We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 240 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking for professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Concierge to work at our beautiful Wyndham San Diego Bayside property in San Diego, CA. The Concierge is responsible for creating a welcoming first impression and for providing current information about the local area, attractions and events. He/she is also responsible for greeting guests, assisting with questions, and providing recommendations and directions for restaurants, attractions and events in the area.
- Provide information and assist guests concerning: restaurants, theater/musical productions, airlines, automobile rental, transportation directions, office services, beauty/barber establishments, and other appropriate services, and render reservations for such.
- Maintain current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
- Maintain a listing of local transportation guides, churches, sports arenas, etc.
- Provide hours of operations for all restaurants, lounges and shops within the hotel.
- Provide information, maps and directions as required.
- Maintain lobby reader board.
- Maintain all property brochure racks, order and restock when necessary.
- Knowledge of all emergency procedures and the ability to assist and/or respond accordingly.
- Provide personalized phone calls to VIP’s and other designated guests welcoming them to the hotel.
- Communicate all daily functions and their location in the hotel in order to assist and direct guests.
- Assist the front desk when needed.
- Assist guests with retrieval of packages.
- Provide gift certificates for purchase.
- Maintain in-room TV channel listings.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed.
- Oversee cleanliness of lobby and entrance areas.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or at least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the area and be able to give directions clearly.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.