Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive is positioned as the epicenter of excitement and one of the most unique meeting venues in Orlando surrounded by I-Shops, new dining and shopping options, as well as I-Drive Live, including the Orlando Eye (inspired by London Eye Ferris wheel), Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and SEA LIFE Aquarium, only one block away.
The Conference/Convention Service Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and directing assigned group business after it is turned over by the sales department, throughout and through the closure of the event and subsequent financial aspects of the program,, while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business and meet budgeted productivity, while keeping quality consistently high. The Conference Service Manager is also responsible for acting as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business.
· Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Respond to requests by Meeting Planners immediately.
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event set-up.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
- Create, review and revise rooming lists and VIP lists.
- Manage Delphi and adjust space in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during functions.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Keep immediate manager fully informed of all problems requiring his/her attention.
- Work with F&B managers and keep them informed of related issues, as they arise.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Know meeting room set-ups and capabilities.
- Know sleeping room configurations.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest
services; reservations; housekeeping; AV; switchboard; accounting; restaurants; bars;
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental & hotel training (One to One Customer
Service Training, etc.)
- Use feedback from Meeting Planner evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Wyndham Enrichment
- Conduct meeting according to Wyndham standards as required by management.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a
2 year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets, & Delphi.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required, including Weekends & Holidays.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10
pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise