Conference Set Up Houseperson
The Hayes Mansion resort hotel is one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. The Dolce Hayes Mansion is an exquisite fusion of turn-of-the-century luxury and high-tech convenience. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the meticulously renovated Spanish Colonial Revival-style manor is as opulent as ever. This quiet haven, complete with sweeping mountain views, offers the perfect destination for business meetings, special events, weddings or relaxing vacation – just 15 minutes from San Jose International Airport and 45 minutes from San Francisco and Monterey. Nearby, wineries, nightlife and championship golf beckon. Stunning decor, and unparalleled guest service have made the Dolce Hayes Mansion an award-winning legend once again.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Conference Set-Up Houseperson to work at our beautiful Dolce Hayes Mansion property in San Jose This position is responsible for setting up all event/meeting rooms according to specifications.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Maintain all meeting rooms and adjoining public spaces in excellent condition at all times.
• Report all maintenance needs and damages to Manager/Engineering department for immediate repair.
• Follow daily work sheets and checklists through to completion.
• Maintain office area, storerooms, equipment, and work carts in excellent condition at all times. Set up and break down for banquet functions as needed including moving tables, setting tables and chairs, staging and portable stairs, podiums, buffet set-up, bar set-up, etc.
• Set up and break down a variety of rooms in various styles and shapes.
• Follows Banquet Event Orders with strong attention to detail • Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up.
• Assists the A/V team with setting up equipment.
• Assists with transporting food/beverages to event location.
• Attends appropriate department meetings.
• Set out water, glasses, stationery, office supplies, and candies in rooms.
• Refresh rooms as needed through a variety of tasks including vacuuming, removing dirty dishes, and changing water.
• Return dirty dishes to the dishwashing area.
• Prepare carts with supplies needed for set-up or refreshment of rooms.
• Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude.
• Communicates all pertinent information to the set-up team.
• Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to the on-duty supervisor.
• Ensures proper handling, cleaning and sanitation of equipment, china, glass and silver.
• Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied rooms. Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
• Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.).
• Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
• Previous meeting and event set-up and clean-up experience a plus.
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English. Must be able to read and interpret Banquet Event Orders and other communication methods used in Banquets.
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet.
• Frequently required to talk or hear.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Sheila Cena at (408) 362-2327. A copy of the company’s affirmative action plan is available at the property in the Human Resource office during normal business hours.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2016 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.