As a world-class meeting facility and four-diamond resort, the multifaceted Cheyenne
Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort is a place where the possibilities are as
endless as the views. For meetings, spectacular indoor and outdoor venues create the
backdrop for imaginative events, allowing attendees to enjoy the beautiful setting while
remaining productive and inspired.
Currently, we are searching for a talented Cook in our main kitchen to join the team of
the Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort and ensure proper review, timely
processing and communicating of all disbursements in accordance with the Wyndham Hotel Group
policies and procedures.
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the
Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest
standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring
the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and
maximizing cost/production ratio
· Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
· Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
· Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
· Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
· Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
· Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
· Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
· Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
· Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen
· Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
· Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
· Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
· Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
· Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
· Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
· Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
· Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
· Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
Qualifications: · High School diploma or
equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred. · Culinary experience required. · Flexible and long hours
sometimes required. · Medium work - Exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. · Ability to stand during
entire shift · Ability to withstand temperature
variations both hot and cold.
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Culinary experience required.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift
· Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.