As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! Service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.\
We operate a corporate learning and conference centre, in north Toronto and are an accredited member of IACC. Stunning architecture, personalized planning services and high quality amenities provided by a leading company in hospitality management makes this property a top choice with corporate clients. With over 260,000 square feet of meeting space, this is a versatile venue for large and small business gatherings, and corporate events.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Part-Time Cook II to work at our learning and conference centre, located in Scarborough, Ontario.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Set up any a la carte stations required for breakfast, lunch, or dinner period.
• Ensure all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
• Clean and organize workstation; maintain a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with all local and federal health codes.
• Perform banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef.
• Ensure assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
• Maintain compliance with federal, provincial, municipal and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
• Cleans refrigerators, freezers, stocks and rotates supplies daily
• Complete mise en place before start of service.
• Uses proper cooking procedures and internal temperatures as per HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) and ASI guidelines.
• Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 27 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) are being followed; conduct employee training and accident investigations; coordinate Health & Safety training within the department.
• May be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities as set forth above.
• Must have 1-3 years previous culinary experience.
• Experience in a high volume production kitchen preferred.
• Valid Food Handler Certificate
• High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Culinary degree a plus.
• Ability to operate, clean and maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
• Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
• Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the Canada.
• Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.