Corporate Director of Human Resources, Managed Hotels
Wyndham Hotel Group, hotel giant with an unmatched global presence, is one of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide. We’re a hospitality powerhouse, with 19 iconic brands united by the most generous and simplest rewards program in the business, Wyndham Rewards.
We are driving the democratization of travel by transforming to deliver better value for the everyday traveler. We believe travelers deserve great experiences and real value, and our portfolio – including our strength in economy and midscale hotels – delivers that.
Our global portfolio consists of more than 8,000 hotels and over 697,600 rooms in 77 countries under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Grand®, Dazzler® Hotels, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Garden® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®, Ramada®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® and Knights Inn®.
Wyndham Rewards, ranked number one hotel rewards program for 2016-2017 by U.S. News & World Report, offers more than 50 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at more than 25,000 hotels, condos and homes globally.
- Partner with assigned internal client groups to determine HR needs and support business strategy
- Facilitate change and ensure that core HR processes are delivered in a fashion that supports business needs
- Consult with property-level management and employees to successfully resolve employee relations issues such as performance issues, employee complaints and employee discipline
- Partner with property-level HR management in the implementation of the disciplinary process
- Guide and mentor property HR leaders
- Provide guidance to hotels on all matters related collective bargaining agreements
- Participate in collective bargaining negotiations
- Provide tools and resources to hotel leaders to assist in CBA negotiations including strategies, costing tools etc.
- Educate hotel teams on CBA and execution of the agreement within each hotel
- Lead associate engagement survey process for all managed hotels
- Support and enhance recognition programs
- Partner with property leaders to drive Count on Me! Culture
- Ability to travel overnight up to 30% of the time
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals and targets
- Ability to assess potential problems and make sound judgments
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal/external customer situations maintaining constructive working relations
- Self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment
- Ability to make business decisions with integrity and honesty
- Ability to work simultaneously on a number of initiatives and priorities often under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Ability to build and deliver presentations or written communication in a concise and well organized manner.
- Possess solid written and verbal communication skills
- Previous hospitality labor relations experience is required
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business, psychology, legal or related field
- 7 + years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Experience successfully facilitating employee relations and investigations to include conducting interviews, developing recommendations and resolving complaints.
- Experience providing consulting support for people and change management issues.
- Experience with process improvement related initiatives.
- Prior experience in hotel industry or legal experience preferred.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.