Director of Catering
Currently, we are searching for a talented Director of Catering to join the team of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort and who will be responsible for directing, coordinating, training and supervising the Catering Sales Manager/s and Meeting and Convention Services Manager/s. Manage all aspects of the Catering Sales operation; including the selling of all food and beverage functions, conferences and banquets. Devising signature events, amenities and set‐ups that enhances the appeal to generate incremental revenue for the designated Hotel.
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Respond to requests by Meeting Planners immediately.
- Interact with outside planners, vendors for event set-up.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
- Create, review and revise rooming lists and VIP lists.
- Manage the Delphi or function book and adjust space in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during functions.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Keep immediate manager fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Work with F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Know meeting room set-ups and capabilities.
- Know sleeping room configurations and types.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audiovisual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (One to One Customer Service Training, etc.)
- Plan and execute holiday and special events in conjunction with the Catering Managers.
- Use feedback from Meeting Planner evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Wyndham Enrichment philosophy of service.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Wyndham Enrichment team meeting.
- Focus team on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores
- Conduct meetings according to Wyndham standards as required by management.
- Manage the Business Center including Business Center Coordinators as needed to meet client needs and to maintain efficient and effective operations.
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and at least 6 years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.