Director of Catering
Join the Silverado Family!
Silverado Resort and Spa is searching for a motivated and talented Director of Catering to join the team and drive hotel revenue at our gorgeous property. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the gold standard of a luxurious and relaxing stay in the Napa Valley. Join a passionate group of people whose job is to deliver extraordinary customer service at one of the most beautiful resorts in Northern California.
The Director of Catering is responsible for:
· Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
· Respond to requests by Meeting Planners immediately.
· Interact with outside planners, vendors for event set-up.
· Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
· Create, review and revise rooming lists and VIP lists.
· Manage the Delphi or function book and adjust space in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
· Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during functions.
· Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
· Keep immediate manager fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
· Work with F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
· Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
· Know meeting room set-ups and capabilities.
· Know sleeping room configurations and types.
· Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel; guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audiovisual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering.
· Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (One to One Customer Service Training, etc.)
· Plan and execute holiday and special events in conjunction with the Catering Managers.
· Use feedback from Meeting Planner evaluations to improve service and quality.
· Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Wyndham Enrichment philosophy of service.
· Ensure participation within department for monthly Wyndham Enrichment team meeting.
· Focus team on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores
· Conduct meetings according to Wyndham standards as required by management.
As part of the Sales team, you will join other associates that value hard work and pride themselves in making every single event an unforgettable one for our guests and their loved ones.
Our team is:
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services of the highest caliber.
• Able to work/collaborate together and communicate effectively with guests and associates at all levels of the organization.
OUR MISSION: Only at Silverado Resort and Spa will you find a captivating place that must be experienced, where tradition and history are honored and modern day luxury is delivered. We create unforgettable moments for every single member, every single guest, one story at a time.
Silverado Resort and Spa offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Silverado Resort Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
· At least 8 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and at least 6 years of related experience.
· Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
· Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.