Director of Corporate Accounting
- Coordinate all monthly ledger closing processes to ensure the timely reporting of accurate financial information, direct and review the activities of senior and staff finance individuals involved in the monthly close process. Responsibilities include reviewing and posting journal entries, reviewing account reconciliations, reviewing account rollforwards, reviewing quarterly/annual Corporate reporting packages and reviewing year-end tax packages.
- Prepare and distribute monthly forecast variance analysis and participate in monthly forecast review with the financial planning team in order to identify variance drivers.
- Lead the cash flow reporting and forecasting process. Responsibilities include compiling monthly cash flow statements with variances against budget, monthly cash flow forecasts, and an annual cash flow budget and 5 year strategic plan forecast. Review all of the above with senior management.
- Responsible for equity compensation reporting and forecasting process. This includes tracking of by person detail of each years' awards, preparing monthly expense calculations for various equity award instruments to be distributed to each business unit, compiling various supporting schedules for use in preparing 10K/Q disclosures and providing as needed expense forecasts to the corporate and business units' planning teams.
- Manage all requests relating to internal and external audits. Work closely with external auditors throughout the year on quarterly and annual financial and SOX reviews/audits to ensure all requests are submitted timely and all deadlines are met.
- Coach and mentor team members by providing regular feedback throughout the month. Assist staff in career development to enhance their current skill set, develop technical competencies and improve the overall performance of the GL accounting team.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate calculation and timely payment of Board of Directors' compensation, including tax withholding payments and annual 1099 reporting.
- Identify opportunities to streamline accounting data and processes and work cross functionally to design and implement changes.
- Serve as the accounting point person for non-routine financial matters (i.e. corporate debt offerings, tax restructuring plans, etc).
- Assist non-finance departments with reporting and accounting issues and participate in financial related projects and initiatives as they arise.
- 4 year degree in Accounting required
- CPA license required
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, Oracle and Hyperion (HFM)
- Knowledge of practices and concepts associated with GAAP
- 7+ years progressive accounting experience required
- Public accounting experience preferred (Big 4/ large regional accounting firms)
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham
People Make the Difference
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.