Director of Engineering
The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland. It is several blocks from Carnegie Mellon University as well as several UPMC hospitals. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Nearby attractions include Heinz Field, Consol Energy Center, PNC Park, Kennywood Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, and Point State Park. Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
• Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention Standards.
• Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules according to Wyndham standards.
• Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
• Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
• Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
• Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
• Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
• Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Wyndham standards.
• Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
• Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
• Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
• Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
• Support and participate in all Wyndham programs.
• Lead and participate in Wyndham Safety Committee in cooperation with Human Resources.
Education & Experience:
• At least 5 years of progressive facilities management experience in a hotel or a related field..
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Stationary Engineer’s license if required by local code.
• Certified Pool Operator license preferred
• HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Travel related to company business sometimes required.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We require consent to pre-employment background check & drug testing for all positions.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.