Director of Finance
As a world-class meeting facility and four-diamond resort, the multifaceted Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort is a place where the possibilities are as endless as the views. For meetings, spectacular indoor and outdoor venues create the backdrop for imaginative events, allowing attendees to enjoy the beautiful setting while remaining productive and inspired.
Currently, we are searching for a Director of Finance to join the team of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort. This position is responsible for the creation, execution, and refinement of profitable financial strategies designed to maximize opportunities for the hotel, while also ensuring excellence in the Company’s day-to-day financial accounting, reporting, analytical and planning functions as well as integration of best practices.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide effective leadership to ensure complete accountability for financial and overall Accounting Department performance.
- Achieve organizational excellence through coaching and mentoring management team to drive new revenue streams; while balancing fiscal responsibilities.
- Partner with leadership team to achieve hotel goals of flawless care of the customer, delivering on the brand promise and ensuring financial responsibility (Customer Satisfaction • Employee Satisfaction ~ Business Results).
- Ensures compliance regarding all financial practices and regulations.
- Produce monthly financial statements, monthly forecasts, cash flow statements and other mandated hotel corporate reports in a consistently timely manner.
- Manage the annual budgeting process and produce final submissions along with necessary supporting documentation and justifications.
- Participate in weekly revenue/yield management strategy meetings.
- Oversees the operation of the accounting, purchasing, and night audit staff.
- Supervises and coordinates external audit processes.
- Manages cash flow for the property.
- Reviews and signs off on monthly entries by accounting staff.
- Coordinates annual budget preparation and monthly forecast with General Manager.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures, and the expense dictionary.
- Audits internal accounting functions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Coordinates all quarterly and monthly inventory processes.
- Reviews daily night audit report for prior day's activity.
- Participates as an active member of the management team.
- Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Controller or Director of Finance at a mid-size full-service hotel and/or resort.
- Strong understanding of tax regulations and reporting requirements.
- Experience with Solomon, Opera, Delphi accounting systems desirable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills required.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability. Has led a diverse staff.
- Strong orientation to quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must possess excellent organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to deliver informative, well-prepared, and pertinent presentations to both small and large groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Personal integrity and exemplary ethical standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.