Director of Finance
Nestled amidst thirteen beautiful acres of rolling woodlands in scenic Florham Park, NJ, the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center boasts AAA three-diamond sophistication and an enviable location close to Morristown, NJ, New York City, Newark Airport and a host of Fortune 500 companies.
The Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by supplying management with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitabliity of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and safeguarding owners/investors assets. The Director of Finance is also responsible for providing training, support and direction to the Finance Team, including: Assistant Director of Finance, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Income Auditing and Payroll
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Wyndham’s established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation’s are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively assisting in recruiting, reviewing, recommending and maintaining an inventory of Directors of Financial Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Services Trainees, Accounting Managers, Controllers, Assistant Controllers and other managers for the organization.
- Continually focus on training and development programs for the Accounting associates to cultivate the “brightest” and “best” talent within the industry.
- Ensure implementation and completion of all Accounting Key Competencies, both management and hourly.
- Maintain compliance with Wyndham’ standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Ensure the proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all equipment.
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with Wyndham’s requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide effective leadership to ensure complete accountability for financial and overall Accounting Department performance.
- Achieve organizational excellence through coaching and mentoring management team to drive new revenue streams; while balancing fiscal responsibilities.
- Partner with leadership team to achieve hotel goals of flawless care of the customer, delivering on the brand promise and ensuring financial responsibility (Customer Satisfaction • Employee Satisfaction ~ Business Results).
- Ensures compliance regarding all financial practices and regulations.
- Produce monthly financial statements, monthly forecasts, cash flow statements and other mandated hotel corporate reports in a consistently timely manner.
- Manage the annual budgeting process and produce final submissions along with necessary supporting documentation and justifications.
- Participate in weekly revenue/yield management strategy meetings.
- Oversees the operation of the accounting, purchasing, and night audit staff.
- Supervises and coordinates external audit processes.
- Manages cash flow for the property.
- Reviews and signs off on monthly entries by accounting staff.
- Coordinates annual budget preparation and monthly forecast with General Manager.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures, and the expense dictionary.
- Audits internal accounting functions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Coordinates all quarterly and monthly inventory processes.
- Reviews daily night audit report for prior day's activity.
- Participates as an active member of the management team.
- Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Controller or Director of Finance at a mid-size full-service hotel and/or resort.
- Strong understanding of tax regulations and reporting requirements.
- Experience with Solomon, Opera, Delphi accounting systems desirable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills required.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability. Has led a diverse staff.
- Strong orientation to quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must possess excellent organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to deliver informative, well-prepared, and pertinent presentations to both small and large groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Personal integrity and exemplary ethical standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.