Director of Finance
As the world's largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries —all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an experienced Director of Finance to work at one of our beautiful Dolce hotel properties in Galloway, NJ. This position is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by supplying management with guidance and training. Also be responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with company’s established guidelines.
- Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation’s are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Maintain compliance with company standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Monitor hotels’ compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating reports.
- Hire, train, manage and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Participate in property meetings as needed.
- Minimum 6 years of related progressive experience in Hotel Accounting or related field and a 4-year college degree.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, excel a must.
- Proficiency in Oracle, Profit Sage, Cronos, Birch Street and ADP a plus.
- Hotel operations experience a plus.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines regularly.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Wyndham Worldwide is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.