Director of Food & Beverage - Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Director of Food & Beverage – Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Responsible for all aspects of managing the outlets, supervises, trains and inspects the performance of personnel, ensuring all procedures are met to deliver service in accordance with standards. Controls the expenses/labor cost without compromising the standards.
To achieve revenue, profitability and quality goals for the Food and Beverage Department by developing and following through with business strategies, controlling costs, developing personnel and providing guest satisfaction in all Food and Beverage revenue centers. The ideal candidate also oversees the kitchen operations. The Job incumbent works in line with the hotels guidelines and business plan, and Wyndham Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations.
- Creates and follows through with a comprehensive annual Food and Beverage Department Business Plan
- Responsible for all Restaurants, Bars, Conference and Banquets and Room Service
- Responsible for proper coordination other operations departments
- Monitors achievement of department goals and objectives
- Manages department strategic planning
- Institutes and monitors suitable processes to allow for the efficient and effective utilization of the departmental resources
- Institutes suitable processes to allow for introduction of managed change within the department
- Coordinates the development, interpretation and implementation of hotel policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff and personnel
- Coordinates the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Handles all guest complaints in the food and beverage area and is in charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- Maintains current prices and approved purveyors listed based on quality, service and cost of all related food and beverage items for requisitioning purposes, store inventories, cost control procedures and forecasts.
- Develops and analyzes new and existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest patronage under the guidelines of Wyndham policies.
- To be hands-on and involved 100% in day to day Operations in the Food and Beverage department.
- To ensure that the various outlets and banquets adhere to the Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and minimum standards.
- To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manual are prepared and updated.
- To ensure a high quality in service and food and beverage standards in all outlets and banquets. To work with the Outlet Managers and respective Chefs to take corrective action with the Executive Chef where necessary.
- To share daily operational responsibilities with the Executive Chef
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports assist in recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the Department Head & HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process in your department departments ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with Department Head & HR
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with Department Head & HR in 121’s
- Monthly Hotel Meeting / Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR reports
- Attends all ExCom Meetings
- Attends Business Review Meetings
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Competency in Managing the entire culinary section
- Good communication skills in English and preferably Arabic
- Experience in Microsoft office programs
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on their behalf. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving as the management company and will not be the actual employer.
Minimum of three years experience in a similar position at an upscale property. Exposure to Middle East is an asset
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.