Director of Global Sales - Transportation
Wyndham Rewards, ranked number one hotel rewards program for 2016-2017 by U.S. News & World Report, offers more than 50 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at more than 25,000 hotels, condos and homes globally.
- Manage assigned global accounts, develop relationships with key contacts and complete key account plans. Must have a good understanding of transportation markets, economic conditions and trends that impact this business. Ensure that Corporate functional teams such as legal, distribution, revenue management, marketing, sales strategy and operations, are included in action plans for progressing the growth of the GSO managed accounts. Produce revenue on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to exceed goals.
- Schedule quarterly customer business reviews with Key Accounts to mutually progress towards market share growth and actively participate in customer facing activities such as Annual Partner Meetings, Key Customer Events, and Customer Facing Activities. Assist with the coordination of Sales Missions.
- Hotel Partnerships: Effective communication with internal customers including Directors of Franchise Support and property sales team to maximize and leverage all revenue opportunities. Assist hotels where needed in educational opportunities of specific accounts and markets. Increase awareness of WHG across brands with Franchise Operators and with Managed Hotel team.
- 8-10 years hotel industry sales experience with emphasis on the Transportation segment
- College degree required
- Ability to develop strategy with specific accounts to uncover additional revenue streams from existing accounts (grow transient, leisure and group business with accounts)
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
- Strong knowledge and experience in the transportation segment or with specific accounts within the segment
- Experience in development of Key Account Plans and in working collaboratively across international regions
- Ability to work collaboratively with operations service team, marketing and all other internal departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Understands how to work in a team and culturally diverse work environment
- Work consists of moderately complex procedures where basic analytic ability is required
- Work requires using original and creative thinking to maximize revenue results; the results generally impact several internal departments and client base
- Identifying and overcoming challenges through collaboration with colleagues, supervisors and other stakeholders; this requires judgment such as setting priorities, evaluating results, or coordinating with others
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations, including ability to handle client objections and disputes to achieve satisfactory results
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal and external customer situations, maintain constructive working relationships and must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Demonstrated self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers and colleagues
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines with continual attention to detail
- Exhibit a high level of accountability; results-oriented, dependable and flexible
- Ability to make business decisions with integrity
- Work at high level of productivity; adapting behavior to other styles; interact with people who have different values, culture or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people
- Strong segment or market knowledge required
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.