Director of Housekeeping
With an unrivalled location on Wacker Drive, just off Michigan Avenue, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is in the heart of everything that is Chicago. The hotel boasts 334 spacious guestrooms, Hoyt’s Chicago restaurant and bar, 24-hour business and fitness centers and over 16,000 square feet of private event space. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of either the city or the famed Chicago River.
The Hotel offers 47 vacation ownership units in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group’s sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. As the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products, Wyndham Vacation Ownership has developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is part of the prestigious Wyndham Grand® ensemble of distinguished hotels within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand that represent one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodations, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. Wyndham Hotel Group, part of the Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest hotel company with approximately 8,000 hotels and over 689,800 rooms in 73 countries.
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping and laundry department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
· Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
· Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
· Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Wyndham SOP's.
· Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
· Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
· Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
· Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
· Assist in conducting monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies inventories.
· Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
· Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
· Carry a radio and or phone at all times.
· Prepare and conduct Housekeeping interviews as required and follow hiring procedures according to Wyndham SOP's.
· Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
· Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
· Iinspect all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
· Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
· Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
· Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
· Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Wyndham procedures.
· Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
· Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
· Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSD sheets. Keep MSD sheets current and easily available.
· Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
· Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
· Assist in preparing employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
· Maintain Wyndham SOP's regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
· Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
· Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
· Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Housekeeping staff.
· Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
· Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.