Director of Operations
Wyndham Hotel Group is excited to announce the addition of the TRYP by Wyndham Miami Bay Harbor to our portfolio of amazing properties scheduled to open in fall 2017. To uncover this destination’s unique culture, you don’t have to go far, because TRYP brings the city to you. Pulsing through the hotel like an electric current is the energy that ignites city life. This is your chance to let the city flow through you. This is your chance to explore. This is your TRYP.
Currently, we are searching for a talented Director of Operations to lead the team of the TRYP by Wyndham Miami Bay Harbor to a successful opening and build a positive foundation for future. The ideal operations leader will ensure the successful operation of the Rooms and Food and Beverage Divisions, while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees in those departments.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all personnel according to hotel standards.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules.
- Monitor and support the corporate Guest Recognition Program.
- Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit, using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP’s in Rooms and Loss Prevention.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Coordinate major projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, equipment change-overs, etc.
- Conduct weekly meeting, including a monthly financial review.
- Perform performance reviews according to SOP, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance reviews to their employees.
- Prepare department heads for succession through development of their need areas.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs and the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate programs.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.