This position is responsible for ensuring appropriate business and financial support is provided to the BU through
- Independently identify and lead the execution of opportunities which drive margin and new owner creation and
- Developing the talent framework needed to drive earnings while providing appropriate administrative support, including hiring and developing top talent in alignment with Company strategies, and
- Leading the development of annual operating plans and the development and analysis of all compensation plans and
- Directing and ensuring proper internal controls and corporate policies and procedures are established and are being adhered to at all levels within the BU.
This position will also be responsible for ensuring appropriate support is provided to corporate senior management as well as managing projects impacting all BU sites being conducted by corporate financial analysis personnel. In summary, this individual will be responsible for all business, financial, and administrative support for the BU, whether initiated or driven by the site and/or Region level or Business
Unit or, corporate level.
Essential Job Functions:
#1-Identifies value creation opportunities and develop timelines, deliverables, and measurements to ensure value is realized. Independently leads the development and implementation of management tools to maximize sales and operational efficiencies. Provides operational guidance, develops appropriate models, and prepares recommendations regarding proposed business opportunities. Recommendations ensure reasonable and appropriate revenue and cost projections, identifying significant trends and influence the decision-making process. Sets departmental vision and goals in alignment with strategic intents. Effectively communicates strategy with measureable success to leadership for self and team.
#2-Ensures adequate staffing levels are in place to drive administrative and operational support with focus on margin. Collaborates broadly in the recruitment and identification of top talent for all roles. Develops framework for appropriate goal setting and individual develop plans. Ability to communicate performance expectations and desired outcomes regularly. Institutes succession planning for all key roles. Fosters collaboration amongst Region, Business unit, and corporate functions.
#3- Direct and manage the specified Region’s individual site budget process, and compensation development process, directly coordinating the activities with site, Regional, and corporate staff as well as other key operational personnel within the BU to ensure all business activities and drivers are appropriately and reasonably articulated and projected results documented.
#4- Lead and direct all on site administrative personnel in all customer facing processes (to include: tour check, contract processing, and tour check-out (gifting)), all cash handling, payroll processes, and on site inventories (to include: sales and marketing collateral, equipment, premiums). Lead the creation of on-site process and procedures designed to ensure data integrity in all inventory sub-systems; ensure daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations are completed, and book to physical counts are performed. Ensure a strong control environment exists and that all operations are in a state to pass internal and external audits, company accounts are accurately reflected, and manipulation of systems is prevented. Ensure all new programs and processes are effectively communicated and implemented seamlessly and work with other corporate, and business unit, groups to continually strive for consistency and improvements. Identify, provide and implement training on system applications and core business components as needed.
Non-Essential Job Functions
1. Develop and implement initiatives and programs not currently considered in the operating plan
The BU roles support all the sites within their respective regions. The number of sites fluctuates by region and most include WVR, WBW, and Shell site operations. It is the responsibility of the Director to staff and manage the staff performance to meet these objectives:
The position will require occasional travel to the locations within the region of responsibility. Travel compromises approximately 20% of total.
Consistently sets strategic goals and desired outcomes producing valued solutions; Maintain a positive attitude at moments of stress and positively influences others while establishing trust; Create effective caring relationships with customers and team members for execution and delivery of positive outcomes, while seeking to improve job satisfaction; Recognizing and rewarding individual and team contributions; Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to projects and adversities as a way of motivating yourself and others
Demonstrate and articulate role, team’s business direction and key drivers and objectives
Models an open and honest communication style to create a trusting environment of empowerment; Communicates in a timely manner
Talent Acquisiton and Development
Ability to understand what top talent is; Identify, develop and retain top talent; Hold all team members accountable for performance standards
Sets goals and measures for organizational performance; Obtains and assigns the right resources to the right tasks in order to achieve desired results; Holds people accountable for results
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- MBA strongly desired
- CPA preferred, but not mandatory
Knowledge and skills
- Expert knowledge of GAAP as well as financial and statistical analysis
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office specifically, MS Excel.
- 5 to 7 years progressive financial experience
- Timeshare experience helpful, but not mandatory
- Team management skills mandatory
- Must be self-motivated, being able to manage multiple projects while incorporating work style with team objectives at both the Regional, BU, and corporate level
- Must be well organized and able to perform under stressful situations
- Must be able to communicate and partner effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be decision-minded, capable of providing senior management clear paths to optimal results desired
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
WVO is a drug-free workplace and may require a background check and drug test prior to employment