Director of Revenue Management - Managed Hotels
Wyndham Rewards, ranked number one hotel rewards program for 2016-2017 by U.S. News & World Report, offers more than 50 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at more than 25,000 hotels, condos and homes globally.
Provide leadership in hiring the right talent in both Corporate and On-property positions, ensure RM team members have, and are using, the right and most up-to-date tools, systems, and reporting. Lead the new hire on-boarding process, work with leadership to plan for staffing changes with hotels coming into/leaving the managed organization. Lead training sessions as necessary. Ensure team members complete necessary training. Evaluate the skill sets of team members and provide input to Managed Leaders and General Managers for ongoing reviews of team member performance.
Participate as the subject matter expert in, lead, and represent revenue management in various ad-hoc and assigned projects. This includes on-boarding of new hotels into the managed organization, due diligence analysis for potential hotels into the managed organization, various systems projects where a RM subject matter expert is needed, and other projects as assigned.
Act as the key point of contact for the region for all matters in relation to Revenue Management. Forge and maintain positive professional relationships with hotel owners, WHG Managed leaders and teams to deliver a robust and financially valuable revenue strategy. Actions, presence, commercial sense and Count on Me approach will position them as a positive ambassador for WHG and an invaluable advisor to the region. They will also work with the Regional Vice President of Operations and Regional Director of Marketing to ensure best practices, utilization and application of WHG revenue systems and practices are carried out at all properties within the region and affected portfolios.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or a relevant field of study, required
- MBA in Business, Hotel Management, Economics, or related field a plus
- 5 + years of progressive work-related experience in hotel revenue management, finance, operations, or sales
- Demonstrated success and proficiency in hotel revenue management concepts and systems, distribution channels, market segmentation, pricing, Hotel PMS / CRS, Microsoft Office applications
- People management experience a plus
- Must be able to travel throughout the U.S. 30%
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals and targets
- Ability to manage and lead a team of developing associates
- Highly strategic with excellent commercial sense
- Ability to work simultaneously on a number of initiatives and priorities often under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and parts of the world
- Ability to build and deliver presentations or written communication in a concise and well organized manner
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal/external customer situations maintaining constructive working relations
- Self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment
- Works with a high level of accountability, results orientated and dependable
- Analytical - ability to review numbers and draw quick conclusion about past and future trends from data; ability to communicate business needs to the Business Intelligence Group
- Ability to make business decisions with integrity and honesty
- Ability to adapt to extensive travel and schedule changes
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.