Director of Sales and Marketing
Currently, we are searching for a motivated and talented Director of Sales and Marketing to join the team of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort and drive hotel revenue at the property.
- Supervise, administer and ensure timely completion of all activities of the Sales Department.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as schedule
- Be responsible for developing a Manager in Development (MID or DOSID) as assigned by the Corporate including sign-off on all competencies, and assist in his/her placement.
- Coordinate group, transient and catering bookings to maximize profits.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market and ensure that the Sales Team is held accountable for those accounts within their respective territories.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings according to Wyndham standards.
- Conduct daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting with Sales and Catering, operations staff and General Manager.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Sales and Catering department personnel according to Wyndham SOP’s.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property, and ensure that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site inspections.
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Monitor the Sales incentive plans and ensure that Sales staff can explain their potential earnings and benefits, and assist in ensuring that incentives are processed and paid according to the specified time period for each plan.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensure that the Sales Team does the same.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations activities and events
- React to negative trends in the market place by implementing blitzes or promotions.
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 years of hotel sales experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Luxury Hotel/ 4 Diamond Experience preferred
- Must have a driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.