Director of Sales
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Director of Sales to work at our Hawthorn property in Louisville, KY. This sales position is responsible for all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that room revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Direct and supervise the administration and ensure timely completion of the Sales Department activities.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Support the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Direct preparation of the monthly Rooms revenue reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 years of hotel sales experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must have a driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Proven success in hotel sales.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.