The Director of Sales is responsible for directing, coordinating, training and supervising the Sales Managers, Catering Manager(s) and Sales/Catering Administrators/Coordinators/Administrative Assistants in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. He/she is also responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that Room revenues and Catering revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
* High school graduate.
* At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 years of hotel sales experience.
* Supervisory experience required.
* Must have a driver’s license in the applicable state.
* Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
* Excellent customer service skillls.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Fully bilingual (English and Spanish: read, speak, write), strongly preferred.
* Previous experience in same or similar position, strongly preferred.